Last Updated on
Glamour magic is growing in popularity as more and more people realize the power it holds. Although it contains the word “magic” you don’t need to practice witchcraft or be a witch to harness the power of glamour magic.
Today, I’m teaching you how to create your own glamourous ritual.
What Is Glamour Magic?
Glamour magic is easy to understand and even easier to practice, and you don’t need to come from a long line of ancient witches to be successful with it!
Essentially, it’s taking an item and blessing it with your energy.
That way, whenever you have this item on you or near you, you’ll absorb the positive energy and shield away negative energy.
While you can infuse magical energy into any item, I recommend choosing something you use every day.
Think things like lipsticks, lip chap, earrings, hairspray, perfume, and even deodorant.
How to bless your glamour magic objects
Here are some tips to help you bless your objects and use them in your glamour magic practice.
1. Pick your object
The first line of business is to choose which object you’d like to bless. You can bless several or just start with one. Wearing multiple blessed objects could provide you with more energy.
Remember to choose items that reflect your goals.
For example, if you want to attract love or improve confidence, you may choose to bless your lipstick or another beauty item.
If you want to improve your fitness, you can bless a pair of runners.
Here are some other ideas to get you thinking:
- Beauty items/cosmetics: mascara, foundation, blush, perfume
- Hair: hairspray, gel, combs, brushes, shampoo
- Clothes: jackets, shoes, scarfs
- Jewelry: rings, necklaces, earrings
2. Choose the right moon phase
You can perform your blessing at any time and any day, but some days are better than others depending on what your goal is. Here are the different moon phases to help you plan your blessings:
- New moons signify fresh starts and are great for shadow work (getting in touch with parts of yourself you’ve repressed). If you plan to heal your repressed side through glamour magic, perform your blessing during a new moon.
- Waxing moons are in the process of becoming bigger and brighter and are the perfect time to cast spells around growth. If you want to achieve growth through your glamour magic items (i.e., a promotion at work), perform your blessing during the waxing phase.
- Full moons bring powerful energy with them. The energy might be too intense and chaotic to bless your object, but if you’re looking for very intense energy, you can perform your blessing during a full moon.
- Waning moons are the opposite of waxing moons and are starting to shrink and move back into a new moon. Waning moons are ideal when you need to remove something toxic from your life. Perhaps you want to move on from a breakup or a toxic friend. Bless your item during the waning moon.
3. Bless your object/cast your spell
After choosing the moon phase, get your space ready by cleaning and decluttering.
On the evening of the moon of your choice, sit with your object in your left hand. Your left hand is your receiving hand and as you’re asking to receive energy, this is the ideal hand to hold your object in.
Once you are comfortably seated, close your eyes and state your intentions. Your intentions are what you hope to get out of the object, like more confidence, a soulmate, a better job, etc. You can state your intentions with this sentence: “I wish to receive _______ (what it is you want).“
With your eyes closed, imagine colorful vibrant energy swirling around your object. Picture the object absorbing the energy. After several minutes, you can open your eyes.
The blessing is now complete and you are halfway done with your glamour magic!
4. Cleanse and recharge your items (optional)
If you wear your item every day, you should cleanse and recharge it monthly.
You can cleanse your items the same way as you blessed them, however, instead of imagining colorful vibrant energy swirling around it, you’ll imagine a pure white light cleansing it.
Two more ways to practice glamour magic
Now that your glamour magic item is blessed, you can use it.
You can wear it every day, or you can take it one step further and do any of the following rituals with your item.
1. Have a Cleansing Bath
Everyone feels rejuvenated after a bath. A cleansing bath is no different.
A spiritual cleansing bath is a bath for cleansing negative spirits and energies. It resembles the regular bath, but instead of cleaning dirt on your body, it removes the evil spirits and energies around you. Do this ritual monthly to keep yourself aligned and remove negative energies.
Spiritual cleansing baths offer various benefits. It can wash off the negative energies you encounter every day from people around you, the news you read, etc. The ritual purifies your mind, grounds you, and raises your vibrations.
Prepare for the spiritual cleansing bath by taking these three steps:
- Clean and de-clutter: Clean your space before jumping into the tub. A cluttered environment can emit negative vibrations and affect your spiritual balance, making the spiritual cleansing bath ineffective. Rid your bathroom of anything that serves no purpose for this bath.
- Bring your blessed item with you in the bath: For a spiritual cleansing bath, I recommend blessing something like lipstick so you can wear it in your bath. You can also use jewelry as long as the water won’t damage it.
- Shower your physical body: Take a quick shower to rid your physical body of any debris and negative energies before running your bath. Prepare for your spiritual cleansing bath after this quick shower.
You’ll be ready for your spiritual cleansing bath after these steps.
You may light candles, play music in the background, prepare a drink, or add some essential oils to your bathwater. These options are just some ways to prepare for the spiritual cleansing bath. You are free to try other approaches that make you calm and promote your spiritual energy.
Once you have the items you need, get in the tub and relax for about 20 minutes. You may meditate and repeat your intention in your mind or aloud.
The negative energy you had goes down the drain with the dirty water after your spiritual cleansing bath.
2. Use Crystals
Pair any crystals you have with your glamour magic item to complement its energetic vibrations.
Here are some popular crystals and their powers:
- Citrine: This crystal promotes clear thinking, increases creativity, and enhances mood. It comes in light brown, lemon yellow, deep sunshine yellow, and pale orange colors. Citrine can help you be optimistic, creative, positive, joyful, confident, and appreciative of pleasures of all your senses.
- Rose quartz: This crystal alleviates anxiety, comforts the lonely, and is suitable for raising confidence and self-esteem. It comes in pale pink, rose pink, and deeper pink to reddish hues. Rose quartz brings a vibration of unconditional love, opens the hearts of those who have been abused, and brings healing to those who don’t love themselves.
- Clear Quartz: This crystal promotes a sense of clarity, clears chakra blockages, and aids psychic ability. It comes in clear, white, and slightly opaque colors. You may use it to cleanse, clear, and rebalance the body’s seven primary chakras.
- Jade: This crystal brings harmony and heals feelings of guilt. It comes in shades of green, red, black, and shades of blue. Jade is helpful for various chakra work, depending on the color chosen.
- Carnelian: This crystal stimulates appetite, boosts a listless attitude, balances body energy levels, and alleviates a jealous temperament. It comes in red-orange, brilliant orange, rusty brown, deep autumn gold, and pale pinkish-orange colors.
- Jasper: This crystal is a universal healing stone and returns one to the center and power of Mother Earth’s energies. It comes in white, red, green, and shades of other colors.
Carry your crystals in your pocket or wear them on the days you practice glamour magic rituals.
Is glamour magic dangerous?
Glamour magic is a safe practice. It will not invite any harmful energy into your space and you do not need to consider yourself a witch to practice glamour magic.
Start your magical healing today
As you can see, there are many forms of glamour magic, each one specific to the person performing the spell.
How you choose to partake is up to you. You can bless makeup, a charm, clothing, and even jewelry. I hope this reading helps you practice this form of magic!
Nothing we provide for you here is intended to replace any form of competent professional advice in any form. Please read our Terms & Condition for more information.