Last Updated on
I don’t know a single person who doesn’t feel rejuvenated after a bath.
There’s something magical about submerging ourselves in an element from Mother Earth as we melt into the tub and let our worries float away.
And if you didn’t think baths could get any better, think again. Today, I want to introduce you to spiritual cleansing baths, so you can feel even more rejuvenated by cleansing your physical body, your aura and your mind.
This article contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase from the links in this article, Divine Twist makes a small commission at no extra cost to you.
What is a Spiritual Cleansing Bath?
A spiritual cleansing bath is a magical ritual specifically for cleansing any negative energy and spiritual “gunk”. Just as you have a regular bath (or shower) and use soap to remove germs and dirt from your body, a spiritual cleansing bath does the same, but for your spirit.
It’s a ritual you should do monthly to remove negative energies and keep yourself aligned. For extra powerful cleansing baths, plan yours to fall during a full moon.
You can use your spiritual bath as a way to meditate, manifest, cleanse and relax.
While they might sound complicated, spiritual cleansing baths are an inexpensive and simple ritual to perform.
Benefits of a Spiritual Cleansing Bath
You’d be surprised with how much negative energy we encounter everyday. The thoughts we have, the news we read, the people around us; all day long we are fighting off negative energy.
It’s no doubt then, that no matter how hard we try to protect ourselves from negative vibrations, we tend to soak them up.
Just like a good meditation session with your crystals, spiritual cleansing baths will purify your mind, raise your vibrations and ground you.
Spiritual cleansing baths are so easy and the benefits are remarkable! There’s no reason not to have one. Let’s learn how you can have your first spiritual bath.
Preparing For a Spiritual Cleansing Bath
Before your cleansing bath takes places, there are three things you must do.
1. Clean and de-clutter
Unlike a normal bath where you just hop right into the tub, a spiritual cleansing bath is a bit different. Before jumping into the tub, clean your space.
A cluttered space will emit negative vibrations and throw you off-balance spiritually, which can make your spiritual bath essentially ineffective.
So, first things first, rid your bathroom of clutter and anything that doesn’t serve the purpose for your spiritual bath.
2. Set intentions
Next, you’ll want to set your intentions. Setting intentions means bringing attention to something you’d like to amplify.
Here’s a few examples to get you thinking (feel free to use them or make your own)
- I intend to attract money and wealth
- I intend to be a loving sister/daughter/friend/partner
- I intend to attract love and friendship
- I intend to attract success
- I intent to attract a promotion at work
- I intend to attract the creativity I require to finish my project
You don’t need to start you intention with “I intend to…” but it’s a good place to start for beginners!
3. Shower your physical body
Before running your bath, you should take a quick shower to wash your physical body of any negative energy and debris.
Once you have take a quick shower, you can prepare your spiritual cleansing bath (where you are going to immerse yourself in positive vibrations).
Having a Spiritual Cleansing Bath
Now that you’re ready, it’s time to have your spiritual cleansing bath.
Before you fill your tub up, you’ll want to gather the items you’d like your spiritual bath to contain.
The reason I don’t recommend gathering these items ahead of time is because sometimes you won’t know what you need until after you’ve set your intentions.
For example, the other day I was incredibly exhausted and knew it was time for my monthly cleansing bath.
As I began to prepare for my cleansing bath, I realized that my exhaustion was the result of my racing mind; my mind just would not be quiet.
I usually love lighting candles during cleansing baths, but during this particular moment, due to my racing mind, I only wanted one candle lit. I felt that any more candles would be too intense. I paired my single candle with some lavender Himalayan sea salts and submerged some Black Tourmaline stones (which are excellent stones for stress relief) in the bath with me.
Setting intentions helped me understand what my needs were and what was going to be best for me in the moment.
So, before gathering your supplies, I reccomend setting intentions; your spiritual energy will guide you to what it needs most!
If this is your first spiritual cleansing bath, you may struggle when listening to your spiritual energy and not know what you should use; that’s totally ok! It can take some time. If this is the case, fill your spiritual cleansing bath with things that make you happy.
Here are some ideas for different ways to prepare your cleansing baths:
- Light candles (as little or as many as you’d like) or use a nightlight if fire makes you anxious. These birthstone candles have crystals with them, making them the perfect addition to your spiritual cleansing bath.
- Use several handfuls of Himalayan sea salt (draws out negativity from your body). Don’t use regular table salt as it’s filled with impurities that will do more harm than good during a spiritual cleanse. These spiritual bath salts cleanse your aura.
- Put a few drops of your favorite essential oils (I like to smell through my essential oils before choose which one I need, usually the one my body needs is the one I’m drawn the most to during that particular time). Alternatively, use a diffuser.
- Play music or other background noise (I enjoy going to YouTube and searching for relaxing meditation music).
- Grab a few pieces of fruits or vegetables. Food can be incredibly cleansing as it comes directly from the Earth. Just make sure you aren’t bringing any processed food into the tub, which will only lower your vibrations. Don’t rush while you eat and don’t bring a huge platform. For example, I’ll bring a few slices of apples with me if I feel I need to ground myself (since apples relate to your Root chakra. You can read my guide on chakras to find which food and drink relate to each chakra).
- Prepare a drink (again, my guide on chakras will help you select which drink will benefit you most!).
- Incorporate crystals. Not all crystals can be submerged in water so you should double-check before placing your crystals in water. You can read our guide on crystals to find which crystals will help your particular intentions.
Where to buy items to get ready for your next spiritual bath
You can always start with what you already have for your spiritual cleansing baths, but if you want to add more items to your ritual, I recommend going to Etsy (which is where all the products I linked above are from) because you can read reviews and there are many different choices.
After you’ve gathered what you need for your bath, it’s time to get in and relax for 20 minutes or so. You can meditate with your eyes open or closed, and repeat your intention aloud or in your mind.
After your bath is done, your negative energy will go down the drain with the rest of the water (make sure to remove any crystals prior to unplugging your tub).
After you bath, it’s best to air dry rather than use a synthetic towel.
And that’s all there is! Do you plan to have a spiritual cleansing bath? Drop a comment below!
Nothing we provide for you here is intended to replace any form of competent professional advice in any form. Please read our Terms & Condition for more information.